i am new here :b

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
patricia
Textkit Neophyte

i am new here :b

Post by patricia »

i like learning languages and i started to learn greek this month. however, i can't get more learning materials except the website: http://langintro.com/greek/ and a greek-english / english-greek dictionary of lexion.
i hope to learn greek and i do want to learn it well. can anyone here give me a hand? :oops:
thank you so much.

Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Post by Kasper »

Hi Patricia, welcome!

The website you listed is a Modern Greek website, people here are studying Ancient Greek.

Now I don't know that well what exactly the differences are, but I think there are quite a few.

Anyway, if you want to learn Ancient Greek, just check out all the pdf's here, there are plenty of great grammars available, plus heaps of people to help you with any questions!

Good luck!!
“Cum ego verbo utar,” Humpty Dumpty dixit voce contempta, “indicat illud quod optem – nec plus nec minus.”
“Est tamen rogatio” dixit Alice, “an efficere verba tot res indicare possis.”
“Rogatio est, “Humpty Dumpty responsit, “quae fiat magister – id cunctum est.”

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Hi, Patricia! Welcome.

People here will help you eagerly. And this is primarily a site to provide Greek and Latin learning materials. There are study groups to learn Homeric Greek, too. You could make your mind which Greek dialect you want to learn and decide if you should join the comunity here or go seek a site that suits your need. If you want to learn Homeric, Attic, or Koine(that of New Testament and the Septuagint) this is the site you will find that fits. But if you want to learn Modern Greek, a few members here are from Greece of from a Greek parentage, all of whom are fluent in Modern Greek and would promptly help you. So how about introducing yourself at the Open Board? For that's the board you are supposed to.

patricia
Textkit Neophyte

Post by patricia »

thank you so much!!!
you know, how stupid i am. i have no idea about modern greek and ancient greek. i don't know that!!
thank goodness. i came here and met you all.
well, actually, i have a friend from greece. i was his assisstant and also interpreter of english, though he knew some english, he didn't speak well.
he's great. he taught me many things and he also let me know how to get strong in business. i do want to help with his business, so i decided to learn greek. because, you know, it's difficult for an elder like him to learn a foreign language.
anyway, thank you all again.
i'm glad to have found this website and have the opportunity to learn with you. :)