Hi! New Member...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Gofannon
Textkit Neophyte

Hi! New Member...

Post by Gofannon »

Hello all!<br /><br />Stumbled upon your absolutely superb site yesterday when searching for resources to help me with my Latin. I congratulate the owners on their noble ideal of allowing such helpful grammar and vocabularly books to be avaliable freely online as well as the classical epics!<br /><br />I downloaded my favourite two Classical stories that we studied in school (the Illiad and the Odyssey) as well as Berjamin L. D'Ooges' "Latin for Beginners".<br /><br />I study Latin in school and have been doing so for about six months and in the few hours I spent looking through the resources here as well as in "Latin for Beginners" my Latin improved beyond recognition! So I intend to work through the resources here and see if I can't better it even more.<br /><br />I hope to be around and I intend to post a bit and hope one day to be able to as fluent as the people in "The Agora".<br /><br />So, once again, hi!<br /><br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:Hi! New Member...

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=Gofannon link=board=6;threadid=348;start=0#2539 date=1059836645]<br />Hello all!<br /><br />I downloaded my favourite two Classical stories that we studied in school (the Illiad and the Odyssey) as well as Dr. Benjamin L. D'Ooge's "Latin for Beginners".<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Welcome, friend :)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Hi, Gofannon! Welcome to Textkit!

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Hi Gofannon,<br /><br />Welcome to the Textkit Forums. I started learning Latin last month and am using D'Ooge's Latin for Beginners which is available from this site. It's a really good book for learning Latin.<br /><br />

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Hey Gofannon! Welcome to textkit forums! I recently started studying Latin as well, and I'm using D'ooge's book as well as Wheelock's. I hope that you enjoy your stay here. :)