Loci Antiqui and Loci Immutati question

Are you learning Latin with Wheelock's Latin 6th Edition? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
sigma957
Textkit Neophyte

Loci Antiqui and Loci Immutati question

Post by sigma957 »

I'm on the second chapter of Wheelocks (Yay me!) and it's going well. I do have a question about the Loci Antiqui and Loci Immutati. When should I start trying to do those? They don't seem to be coordinated with any particular chapters.

Thanks!

Barbara

Turpissimus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Turpissimus »

second chapter of Wheelocks
I've often thought that the more Latin you learn the easier it all gets, so you're going through the most difficult part right now.

As to your question, I didn't use Wheellock, but I imagine you'd want to start reading as much as you can as soon as you can. If you don't understand it, it's no big deal. When you learn some more then you can go back and see exactly how much extra you understand. It'll give you some idea of how well you're coming along. You'll probably need to use the vocabulary at the back of the book or whatever.

MyIlium
Textkit Neophyte

Post by MyIlium »

Eh...I would not recommend trying those until the very latter parts of the book. (ch. 35 or so)