Greetings to all!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
merytdjehuty
Textkit Neophyte

Greetings to all!

Post by merytdjehuty »

Greetings, all.<br /><br />My name's Merytdjehuty, and have a deep fascination with Ancient Egypt. I also began teaching myself Latin a year and a half ago, and am so pleased to find a site such a textkit where i can find grammars and a whole pile of other people who are interested in Latin (and Greek) too. I actually live in Australia, despite what my profile may say. I call myself a fantasy writer, having created a whole world, concealed and hidden from us and located about 20 kms off the east coast of Madagascar. Go to my other website http://groups.msn.com/MyPangaea if you want to find out more about it. I'm currently halfway through a 3-yr biological sciences degree (lots of fun, many dissections!). The only time I leart Greek was when I was in yr 7 and I did three terms of modern greek before i left the school. The year before that I learnt Japanese. For five years of high school I learnt Italian, and did pretty good at it. I've always liked languages, and if UWA (the University of Western Australia, just so you know) wasn't so bloody hard to get into, I'd apply to study linguistics. Or classics. Or ancient History. Anyways, i think I've said enough. Hope you all have a good day,<br /><br />Bright Blessings,<br />Merytdjehuty

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Greetings to all!

Post by mariek »

<br />Welcome! It's so nice to see all these new introductions. There really has been a great influx of new members in recent weeks. I look forward to seeing more people participating in forum discussions. Don't be shy, we promise we won't bite. ;)<br /><br />Please take a look at and reply to Bingley's post Finding textkit, we're all very interested in finding out how people make their way over to Textkit. viewtopic . php?t=333<br /><br />

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Hey, Merytdjehuty! As you can see, I'm a neophyte as well, but welcome all the same. :)

merytdjehuty
Textkit Neophyte

Post by merytdjehuty »

thanks for making me feel so welcome. My knowledge of Latin is rather limited, but hopefully it will improve the longer I hang around here.<br /><br />BB<br /><br />MerytDjehuty

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

My knowledge of Latin is limited as well, but I share your love of languages. I appreciate understanding how different languages work, and I consider learning languages worth learning for their own sakes. I'm passionate about learning Latin though and hope to gain proficiency in it.<br /><br />I had a glance over the link you posted, and I commend you on the work you put into your fantasy land. It's very interesting and shows you have a lot of imagination. Maybe with the fascination you have with languages and your interest in creating imaginary words, you'll become the Tolkien of Australia. ;) <br /><br />But anyway, have a good time on Textkit Forums. :)