Help Basically

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Veritas
Textkit Neophyte

Help Basically

Post by Veritas »

My name is Seb and i am new to this site. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to learn Latin or Greek or both. i am intending to learn both but i am currently concentrating on Latin so i dont get them both mixed up and i know more Latin than greek. i know more of it but what i know is still very little. I was intending to do a course in Latin at college but the college i am going to does not teach it so i cant. if anyone has any tips or pointers please either reply to this or email me. any help will be grately appriciated as i am basically teaching myself.<br />Seb<br />

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Re:Help Basically

Post by vinobrien »

I can best point you to Benjamin D'Ooge's book in the Learn Latin section. It has some devoted followers on the site and you will not lack people who have worked through it or are working through it with you.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Help Basically

Post by mariek »

<br />Hi Seb, Welcome to Textkit! You've come to the right place for learning Latin and Greek. I'm a beginner in Latin and have found this site invaluable. Did you see the Greek and Latin books available for download? You'll find the Latin books by clicking on "Learn Latin" above, and I think "Learn Ancient Greek" will take you to the Greek books.<br />