Edition Differences?

Are you learning Latin with Wheelock's Latin 6th Edition? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
cicerosum
Textkit Neophyte

Edition Differences?

Post by cicerosum »

I have the 5th--is there a big difference between it and the 6th? I would suspect not, but before I buy Dale Grote's accompanying book, I would like to know if there have been any significant changes.

Thanks,

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

The changes in content are not significant. The main difference is the format of the exercises and supplementary materials within the textbook itself. People often use the 3rd edition workbook with the 6th edition textbook and don't seem to be having any problems.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

clavicula_magica
Textkit Neophyte

Post by clavicula_magica »

I have both 6th and 3rd editions. There's not much difference except the 6th edition is much heavier and bulkier so I prefer to carry around the 3rd edition while the 6th edition usually stays at home. The 6th edition is great if you like to look at pretty pictures and maps. :wink:

cicerosum
Textkit Neophyte

Post by cicerosum »

Fabulous! Thank you both so much.