Textkit Logo

Intensive Biblical Greek Summer Course

Are you learning New Testament Greek with Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback. Use this forum too to discuss all things Koine, LXX & New Testament Greek including grammar, syntax, textbook talk and more.

Intensive Biblical Greek Summer Course

Postby wjmooney » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:23 pm

I would like to learn Biblical Greek, but I am not close to an institution that teaches it. I would like to go someplace for a summer to do an intensive course. I would also like to receive undergraduate credit for it. Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks.

Bill
wjmooney
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Bert » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:30 pm

I am not sure if Biblical Greek is also offered but you might want to check this out:
http://www3.baylor.edu/classics/summer_institutes.htm
Bert
Textkit Zealot

One Option in Canada

Postby reed4 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:19 am

Regent College in Vancouver, BC, offers intensive Greek and Hebrew each summer. www.regent-college.edu

If you are in the US, remember the advantageous exchange rates with Canada when considering the cost.

I have run across other schools, but they escape my mind at the moment.
reed4
Textkit Neophyte

Postby klewlis » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:16 am

Regent rocks, if you can afford it.

Briercrest Seminary also offers summer greek courses, though they vary from year to year. But you can check it out here: www.briercrest.ca/bbs/prospective
klewlis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fuller Seminary

Postby Aaron Collins » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:50 am

Fuller Theological Seminary offers a first year Greek Intensive every summer. It's worth 12 credit hours/units. Almost all professors use Mounce, and Fuller is where Mounce got his Master's. I'm currently in the Fall Greek Intensive, and you learn a lot, quickly. Not only that, but Fuller begins it's Financial Aid Calendar in the summer, rather than the fall, so this summer would be considered in the 2005-2006 school year. This means you can get next year's financial assistance early, (if you need it.) Fuller usually posts the required textbooks for the summer course some time in the early spring. You can find out more about it at www.fuller.edu under the class schedules link.

In Christ,
Aaron Collins.
Aaron Collins
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Koine Greek And Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek