Help a Latin-Beginner out !!

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Titus Marius Crispus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Titus Marius Crispus »

I just started learning Greek and have a year of Latin(with an equivalent of 3 years Latin grammar instruction).

My "Greek: an intensive course" just came in yesterday. If you're looking for a Greek learning buddy or some Latin help, I'd be glad to join you.

I'm not from NZ though. I'm over in Texas, USA.

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

hi roxxy, this is the right website. fire off any question in the "Learning Latin" section, no matter how basic, and you'll see how helpful people are here :)

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

I would love to be your Greek learning buddy. Originally I was going to use "Greek: An Intensive Course" in a college course but due to some unfortunate circumstances, I can't take it. I still want to learn Greek though. :D I will get that book.

I'm confused, in the forum it says that w238354 is the OP but when I click on it it says Titus is the OP. :?:

PS-I take Latin at school and I am going into my 3rd year as a Junior next year. :P

Titus Marius Crispus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Titus Marius Crispus »

That is pretty confusing.. w238354 was the original poster, although I wouldn't mind working with you through Greek: an intensive course.

It seems like a pretty good book. There's drills every few pages, exercises at the end of chapters, and reviews every three chapters.

Also, it teaches you without beating around the bush. I'm so used to Cambridge Latin Course teaching me 3 declensions and 4 tenses in a year.

It'd be nice to have someone to work with, as the exercises and drills don't have answer keys (unless they're hidden). The exercises at the end of every three chapters do have answer keys, though.

Aurelia
Textkit Fan

Post by Aurelia »

okay, I will get that book then. :D

w238354
Textkit Neophyte

Just a note ...

Post by w238354 »

Hey, Origional poster here.

I would idealy like to learn Greek, But I was thinking that knowing Latin first would be helpfull. And I just want to learn Latin lol. :lol: