question

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
DancinJesus
Textkit Neophyte

question

Post by DancinJesus »

hi, i hope this is the right place to ask this......

i'm looking to get a latin tattoo, hear me out, my wife dumped me for my best friend so i want something that has meaning

convalesco singularis seems to make sense, will someone let me know if this is improper b4 it becomes permanent

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

That looks correct, if you mean to say "by myself I recover (grow strong)".
Last edited by benissimus on Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

DancinJesus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by DancinJesus »

yah pretty much, thanks alot i think i like latin.....maybe i'll have to give it a whirl

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Seriously good luck to you mate. Perhaps you should try Latin it will help take your mind of things and, if you get to a fair level, will make you rise above it. Here's the link to the best Latin beginner's book ever to get you started if you so wish: http://www.textkit.com/learn/ID/108/author_id/13/. You can work through it at your own pace, it has a simple lay out: you read it, understand and learn the lesson's principles, learn also the vocabulary to which you are directed (it's all in the book) then do the exercises. Bona in tibi futura sit fortuna