Best Greek Poet? Please Vote!!! :)

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Best Greek Poet? Please Vote!!! :)

Post by Elucubrator »

I thought this might be a fun way to gauge the interests of the members of the list. There were many more poets than "option choices" above. Once everyone responds. We could take the winning category and have a new poll on the authors in that category. <br /><br />Also, don't worry too much about it. If you haven't read some of these, just vote based on the ones you know. ;)<br /><br />I'll set up another for prose artists and some Latin polls as well in a similar vein.<br /><br />

Raya
Textkit Fan

Re:Best Greek Poet? Please Vote!!! :)

Post by Raya »

AAAARGH!!! YOU FORGOT SAPPHO!!!<br /><br />*clears her throat daintily*

Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Re:Best Greek Poet? Please Vote!!! :)

Post by Elucubrator »

AAAAARGH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S NOT THERE!!!!!!! :o I don't know what happened to her. I even remember typing her name in next to Alcaeus. :-[<br /><br />Well, "Other" is kind of a useless category anyway. So, unless anyone specifies otherwise when they vote, we'll count option #8, since that's where you voted, as standing for Sappho alone.