"A Reader's Greek New Testament

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Johny Ze
Textkit Neophyte

"A Reader's Greek New Testament

Post by Johny Ze »

Hey everyone, how's it going? I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to read this version of the New Testament, and can give me an opinion on it's "goodness?" I read some reviews off Amazon.com, which didn't seem to encouraging, but was just wondering what everyone else thought. thanks

John

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

I didn't see what RGNT is like. But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Nestle-Aland. Beautiful typeface and the critical apparatus. Just for reading any kind of the Greek text, the internet resources are abundant. But if you want to keep a volume fit for study, not only for reading, then NA is the choice.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

NA is definitely the standard. However, I think that the Reader's GNT probably has reading aids included, which is likely what Johny Ze is looking for.

If it is mainly vocab help that is needed, I recommend a combination of NA with Kubo's "Reader's Lexicon", which includes all but the most common vocab, arranged by book, chapter, and verse.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus