Gods and Zealots

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
annis
Textkit Zealot

Gods and Zealots

Post by annis »

I've noticed that as I post to forum, I keep getting advanced to a higher state of being. Recently apotheosized, I am currently a "Textkit God" and I assume that my next stage of advancement is going to be "Textkit Zealot." A curious inversion, there.<br /><br />I feel like I'm living the Hypostasis of the Archons or something.<br /><br />Jeff, can you change the stanges to something silly and Neo-Platonic or Gnostic? :)
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re:Gods and Zealots

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I'm always redefining the membership levels as forum particpation grows. Otherwise, we would all be neophytes.<br /><br />I removed 'god' and changed it to zealot since its somewhat Greek (although a bit biblical too)<br /><br />I really need some suggestions for some clever Textkit forum member levels. Levels that are both unique and easily understood.<br /><br />Suggestions anyone?<br /><br />
Textkit Founder

Paul
Textkit Zealot

Post by Paul »

Hey Jeff,<br /><br />One that comes to mind immediately is 'archon'. Is it already being used?<br /><br />Cordially,<br /><br />Paul

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

archon is pretty good, but what other levels can you suggest? I having trouble coming up with something clever and consistent for the following levels:<br /><br />new comer<br />not very active participant<br />somewhat active participant<br />active participant<br />really, really active particpant<br /><br />thanks,]<br />jeff
Textkit Founder

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

military tribune<br />quaestor<br />tribune<br />aedile<br />praetor<br />consul<br />censor

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=bingley link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1796 date=1058885404]<br />military tribune<br />quaestor<br />tribune<br />aedile<br />praetor<br />consul<br />censor<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Is that is ascending or descending order? Sorry, I'm ignorant of these terms.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

that's the tricky part. I need membership levels that are clearly understood by everyone OR perhaps some sort of key might be a good idea - learning is what we're all here for anyways.<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1820 date=1058905749]<br /> - learning is what we're all here for anyways.<br /><br /> [/quote]<br />So why worry about different levels of membership. I am clasified as a Textkit fan. I quess I am because it is a great tool for learning. Someone called a neophyte may be very proficient in the Greek (or Latin) language (which I am not!) but appears somehow to be an a "lower" level of membership.<br />Of couse if there are actual differences in membership it should be indicated, ie. Moderater, administrator etc.<br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I think my classification is best described as : Lost and Confused Soul... :-\

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

[quote author=Bert de Haan link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1884 date=1059014541]<br />[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1820 date=1058905749]<br /> - learning is what we're all here for anyways.<br /><br /> [/quote]<br />Someone called a neophyte may be very proficient in the Greek (or Latin) language (which I am not!) but appears somehow to be an a "lower" level of membership.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Hi there:<br /><br />You are really putting the forum to good use! <br /><br />The forum levels are only a measure of participation. So everyone, regardless of skill, is classified as a neophyte at the beginning.<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

puella misera, puella aegra, puella parva, puella pulchra;<br />femina " " " " " " " ;<br />dea pulchra silvarum et fluviorum ;D<br />top = anna kournikova<br />ultimate = martina hingis anna kournikovaque<br /><br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1904 date=1059049373]<br />puella misera, puella aegra, puella parva, puella pulchra;<br />femina " " " " " " " ;<br />dea pulchra silvarum et fluviorum ;D [/quote]<br /><br />puer miser, puer aeger, puer parvus, puer pulcher<br />vir miser, vir aeger, vir parvus, vir pulcher<br />deus pulcher silvarum et fluviorum ;D <br />

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Would it be possible to have two different series, one in Latin and one in Greek, depending on the thread?

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=bingley link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1950 date=1059107013]<br />Would it be possible to have two different series, one in Latin and one in Greek, depending on the thread?<br />[/quote]<br />That sounds more complicated to implement, however, one cannot argue about the equitableness of your idea.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

[quote author=bingley link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1950 date=1059107013]<br />Would it be possible to have two different series, one in Latin and one in Greek, depending on the thread?<br />[/quote]<br />hey Bingley<br /><br />I wish it could because that is a great idea - but the forum script can't do that without a lot of alterations.<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

I thought it would probably be too complicated, if not downright impossible, but my ignorance of these matters is bottomless.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

not impossible - but complicated. This mostly stems from the fact that i didn't write this forum script so I actaually have very little knowledge about how it works.<br /><br />I'm sure the authors of this script could add this feature with little trouble.<br /><br />thanks again,<br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1904 date=1059049373]<br /><br />ultimate = martina hingis anna kournikovaque<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I'm sorry - I'm just going to quote myself ;D

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=286;start=15#1975 date=1059148251]<br />[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=286;start=0#1904 date=1059049373]<br />top = anna kournikova<br />ultimate = martina hingis anna kournikovaque[/quote]<br />I'm sorry - I'm just going to quote myself ;D[/quote]<br /><br />In that case:<br /><br />apex = lingua latina<br />ultimus = lingua latina et intellectus linguae latinae :P <br />