Introducing...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Mansella
Textkit Neophyte

Introducing...

Post by Mansella »

Hello,<br /><br />I am a postgraduate student at Cardiff University reading Creative and Critical Writing. I am from Cardiff, Wales and Welsh is my first language. I'd be happy do advise or answer questions about Welsh (I have encountered many classics scholars enthusiastic to learn Welsh or are already proficient). My other language interests are Russian and French. I am very pleased to be a member of this forum and hope to be able to read Latin texts very soon!

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Introducing...

Post by mariek »

Hi Mansella, Welcome to the Textkit Forums! :)<br /><br />Wow, I can't say I know too many people who speak Welsh. I know someone of Welsh background but she didn't speak any Welsh.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

That's because welsh is not too good...<br /><br />Anyhow welcome! Russian - impressive ;D <br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I've heard that Russian was a difficult language to learn.<br />

Mansella
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Mansella »

Russian is not difficult at all. The alphabet puts many people off, but once you get the hang of it, it's really quite simple. It is an inflected case based language(6 cases), gendered-- pretty much like Latin really.

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

I know a fair number of people who speak Russian (mostly due to growing up in a town with a large Russian-speaking population.....) I do remember talking to a friend who was learning Russian a few years ago, and he'd just encountered something, but was exulting in the fact that it had less than 16 syllables..... I think he was exaggerating a bit....<br /><br />Kilmeny