Slim Shady

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Ktomcreech
Textkit Neophyte

Slim Shady

Post by Ktomcreech »

Oh hey, my name is Keith. I am philosophy underdrad who's been on an unaccountable leave of absence since October; but has been gearing up for readmittance this Fall by learning Greek in my spare hours. Going quite well so far; the kind folks at Perseus thought they might redirect some of my inquiries by getting me on at this sight. Hello.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Slim Shady

Post by mariek »

Hi Keith,<br /><br />Welcome to the TextKit forums. I'm glad you managed to find your way over here. Did you have a chance to check out the Learning Greek forum? William Annis and others will gladly answer any questions you may have about Greek. The people here are wonderful.<br />

emiller3
Textkit Neophyte

Post by emiller3 »

hi keith,<br />forgive me if my question seems odd...you are an undergrad who has been out of school for awhile? what made you study greek in your spare time?<br /><br />E

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

welcome here! and good luck with the greek... I'm also attempting to teach myself, and the people here are fantastic for helping out.<br /><br />
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Keith! I'm a beginner myself with the Greek, but I'll be glad to help in any way I can! <br /><br />Keesa

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Hi there, and welcome!<br /><br />I'm in a similar position: finished school in November, and during this my gap year I'm studying Greek before applying to universities. What is your level of Greek at the moment?<br /><br />As for philosophy: do drop by The Academy if you feel the urge to chop logic. You will find us more than happy to make you wonder if perhaps you don't exist and such. ;D<br /><br />See you around! ;)