Well, hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mina
Textkit Neophyte

Well, hello

Post by mina »

Right now I'm studying Attic Greek in order to read the classics (and the bible- correct me if I'm wrong, but Attic Greek is close enough to Koine, right?), and just because, I mean, because I've been a language enthusiast for as long as I can remember (since ten years old, 'kay?), but I haven't really studied languages that much, just read about them (except for French, which is at an intermediate level right now, and some Latin, but not that much… probably the level of one year of high school Latin- hey, at least I know what cases are!), but I really want to learn Greek. I'm using Reading Greek by JACT, which I really like (by the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, I really like parentheses).

I'm hoping that I can get some help here (since I'm still basically a beginner), or just talk about the Greek language. Plus, if I need to take a break from learning Greek, I can just sift through the posts (you know… for fun). Anyways, to the people who made this site, thank you! I really look forward to being a part of this community.