Hi

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Mick90
Textkit Neophyte

Hi

Post by Mick90 »

Si vales, valeo

Hi, apparently I must introduce myself, so here it is. My name is Mick, I'm 23 and I live in Australia. Currently, I am at the very arduous stage of the second day of learning something new. It's all quite confusing and difficult, but terribly fun! I'm attempting to gain some familiarity with Latin.

Currently I'm using Wheelock's Latin. My intent is to slug through the grammar over the coming weeks until I am at a point where I an trasition from classical to ecclesiastical latin, by using what I've learnt from Wheelock's Latin to begin (or attempt to begin :P) to slog through the Vulgate, both as a means to learn latin and to gain more familiarity with the bible. It's a daunting task, but I'm quite excited by it currently. Let's see how long the fever of knew knowledge lasts.

Hope you're all having a lovely day,

Mick.

Phil-
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hi

Post by Phil- »

Salve, Mick. I too am new here. Kudos for joining so soon in your Latin learning career! I am still a beginner, but I have been studying Latin for over a year and it has taken me until now to join.

I began with Wheelock's too. It was great to get a lot of the grammar down in one chunk, though often confusing, as you say. The LLPSI books were the next great thing for me after Wheelock's because the reading solidified the grammar and taught me how to read more naturally. How is it going with the Vulgate?

Optime valeas,
-Phil