Textkit Logo

Balance of Energy

Philosophers and rhetoricians, Welcome!

Balance of Energy

Postby threewood14 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:47 pm

I've been thinking alot lately about good and bad events in ones life. Some idea that came to me was if for every good event in ones life, there will be a bad event of equal magnitude eventually and vise versa. For example, the unfortunate 9/11 attacks struck tragedy into the lives of many Americans. However for some, the war in Iraq was extremely pleasing. I say this because I am happy Iraq was liberated. Of course others have different opinions, but something in their lives of equal magnitude may have happened. It seems that everytime something good happens to me, something bad eventually happens or something sad. The reason I called this thread a balance of energy is because thoughts and ideas are only electrons in patterns in our nervous system and brain. For every good idea one thinks, it may have a particular pattern. An opposite pattern may be one concerning a bad idea. This has something to do with a balance of protons and electrons in the universe, but that's a different story that is not neccesary at the time... Does this seem like this happens to you or is it just me?
phpbb
threewood14
Textkit Fan

Postby JuliaP » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:11 am

Would that be similar to karma?

My idea is that there is 'good' as well as 'bad' in everything; it's just a matter of how we perceive or choose to perceive things.
JuliaP
Textkit Neophyte

Postby threewood14 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:39 pm

Yes but the deeds are repaid in this life, not your next!
phpbb
threewood14
Textkit Fan

Postby Jung He Fah Toy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:59 pm

ever heard of beta decay?
phpbb
Jung He Fah Toy
Textkit Neophyte

Postby ovaltine » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:51 pm

well, it could be that there is good and bad in everything, but how would you describe good? or even bad? and also decaying does not always mean that you can not have another life.

I believe that sooner or later all humans endure the same amount of pain or happiness, just how they accept it differs in everybody. The people who accept pain better than others are the ones who look happiest. In this way there is still the balance of energy because the same is happening to everyone but the way this balance is looked at changes the way people measure happiness or sadness.
ovaltine
Textkit Neophyte

Postby threewood14 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:03 am

just how they accept it differs in everybody

i think what you mean is that some people interpret things differently. but im talking about one person and his/her only interpretation of events and stuff. if you would combine everyones interpretation to form a single opinoin, thats different and something im not talking about...
phpbb
threewood14
Textkit Fan

Return to The Academy