Second Year Latin in PDF format

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
KenW
Textkit Neophyte

Second Year Latin in PDF format

Post by KenW »

Can someone tell me where I can obtain a PDF copy of the entire book, Parts 1 and 2 or at least Part 2 as I did find a PDF copy of Part 1 on this site.

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Salve!

Probably a tad too late (I hardly ever look into this part of Textkit). But in case anyone should ever have the same question: the second part of Greenough's Second Year Latin only contains selections from Caesar's Bellum Gallicum. You do not need the second part. Instead, download Greenough's edition of books I-IV of Caesar's work (for books V-VIII you will have to use a different edition, but Archive.org should have a few of those as well).

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.

afshar_jam
Textkit Neophyte

Post by afshar_jam »

Carolus Raeticus wrote:Salve!

Probably a tad too late (I hardly ever look into this part of Textkit). But in case anyone should ever have the same question: the second part of Greenough's Second Year Latin only contains selections from Caesar's Bellum Gallicum. You do not need the second part. Instead, download Greenough's edition of books I-IV of Caesar's work (for books V-VIII you will have to use a different edition, but Archive.org should have a few of those as well).

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus
Hello Carolus,

I am trying to download Greenough's edition of these books but the website that you provided does not work. I am wondering if there is another way that I could download it. And is it legal to download it?
If you have never made a mistake, then you have never tried anything new.

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Salve afshar_jam!
afshar_jam wrote:
Carolus Raeticus wrote:Salve!
I am trying to download Greenough's edition of these books but the website that you provided does not work. I am wondering if there is another way that I could download it. And is it legal to download it?
I just tried out the link, and it is working. It leads to the Archive.org-page of the book Caesar's Gallic war: (Allen and Greenough's edition) (1904). Sometimes directly selecting the link "PDF (Google.com)" does not lead to the desired result as for some reasons Google does not allow direct download for all of the scanned books, especially outside of the USA. In that case select the hyperlink "All Files: HTTPS". You will be presented with a list of all formats in which you can download the book.

There should not be any copyright-problems as the book dates from 1904.

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.

zjburch
Textkit Neophyte

Post by zjburch »

Thanks for the tip. I tried the link and it does in fact work if you follow the instructions. Thanks again.

GlennKnight
Textkit Neophyte

Post by GlennKnight »

KenW wrote:Can someone tell me where I can obtain a PDF copy of the entire book, Parts 1 and 2 or at least Part 2 as I did find a PDF copy of Part 1 on this site.
Hello sorry for old thread reply but were you able to find PDF copy of entire book? Please share the PDF file if you can..Hope you reply

danielwilliam
Textkit Neophyte

Post by danielwilliam »

you able to find PDF copy of entire book? Please share the PDF file