Textkit Logo

Second Year Latin in PDF format

Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby KenW » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Can someone tell me where I can obtain a PDF copy of the entire book, Parts 1 and 2 or at least Part 2 as I did find a PDF copy of Part 1 on this site.
KenW
Textkit Neophyte
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby Carolus Raeticus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 am

Salve!

Probably a tad too late (I hardly ever look into this part of Textkit). But in case anyone should ever have the same question: the second part of Greenough's Second Year Latin only contains selections from Caesar's Bellum Gallicum. You do not need the second part. Instead, download Greenough's edition of books I-IV of Caesar's work (for books V-VIII you will have to use a different edition, but Archive.org should have a few of those as well).

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Fan
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby afshar_jam » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 am

Carolus Raeticus wrote:Salve!

Probably a tad too late (I hardly ever look into this part of Textkit). But in case anyone should ever have the same question: the second part of Greenough's Second Year Latin only contains selections from Caesar's Bellum Gallicum. You do not need the second part. Instead, download Greenough's edition of books I-IV of Caesar's work (for books V-VIII you will have to use a different edition, but Archive.org should have a few of those as well).

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus


Hello Carolus,

I am trying to download Greenough's edition of these books but the website that you provided does not work. I am wondering if there is another way that I could download it. And is it legal to download it?
If you have never made a mistake, then you have never tried anything new.
afshar_jam
Textkit Neophyte
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:15 am

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby Carolus Raeticus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

Salve afshar_jam!

afshar_jam wrote:
Carolus Raeticus wrote:Salve!
I am trying to download Greenough's edition of these books but the website that you provided does not work. I am wondering if there is another way that I could download it. And is it legal to download it?


I just tried out the link, and it is working. It leads to the Archive.org-page of the book Caesar's Gallic war: (Allen and Greenough's edition) (1904). Sometimes directly selecting the link "PDF (Google.com)" does not lead to the desired result as for some reasons Google does not allow direct download for all of the scanned books, especially outside of the USA. In that case select the hyperlink "All Files: HTTPS". You will be presented with a list of all formats in which you can download the book.

There should not be any copyright-problems as the book dates from 1904.

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Fan
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby zjburch » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks for the tip. I tried the link and it does in fact work if you follow the instructions. Thanks again.
zjburch
Textkit Neophyte
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby GlennKnight » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

KenW wrote:Can someone tell me where I can obtain a PDF copy of the entire book, Parts 1 and 2 or at least Part 2 as I did find a PDF copy of Part 1 on this site.

Hello sorry for old thread reply but were you able to find PDF copy of entire book? Please share the PDF file if you can..Hope you reply
GlennKnight
Textkit Neophyte
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 am

Re: Second Year Latin in PDF format

Postby danielwilliam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:14 am

you able to find PDF copy of entire book? Please share the PDF file
danielwilliam
Textkit Neophyte
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 am


Return to Composition, Discussions & Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests