Exercises

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Hamzanama
Textkit Neophyte

Exercises

Post by Hamzanama »

Salvay,
I have started Latin and while I am a toddler I would like extra exercises, especially if they are available on the internet in an interactive way where I am told why I was wrong. Thank you !

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Exercises

Post by adrianus »

People often help correct exercises here or offer general help, Hamzanama. Otherwise, I don't know a good site for extra exercises with good feedback.
Sunt hîc qui alteris exercitia corrigunt vel auxilium libenter dant. Aliter alterum situm ignoro qui et exercitia et retroactiones bonas dat.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Hamzanama
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Hamzanama »

Thank you, it was just I wanted extra practice just to make sure my hold over the basic principles is strong.

Prolixus Valens
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Prolixus Valens »

Hamzanama wrote:Thank you, it was just I wanted extra practice just to make sure my hold over the basic principles is strong.
The ancillary materials designed to accompany Lingua Latina, particularly the Exercitia Latina, are toddler-ish regarding skill level in Latin. You can purchase the teacher's materials for answers to Exercitia Latina as well. I don't know if you are using Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata, but I would highly suggest it. However, I am still a toddler as well, yet not in age. If you use that course I would also get Quaderno di Esercizi and Epitome Historiae Sacrae to bridge the gap between parts one and two of the series.

I would also advise you not to rush through the book. This is the reason people fail with LLPSI. They generally try to read the whole book in a month or two. I would read the same chapter every day for a week, doing all exercises and employing delayed transcribing for the entire chapter (or a large portion thereof), before moving on to the next chapter. Maybe two to three weeks per chapter of part two. So it should take around a year or two to complete the series. I do this, but I include the Colloquia and Fables companion materials. But I don't know if the toddler should be leading the toddler.

P.S.

I think that you meant salve instead of salvay.