Greetings to All

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
wilhelmjohnson
Textkit Neophyte

Greetings to All

Post by wilhelmjohnson »

I'm new to the textkit forum and am making my first post here in accordance with forum protocol.

I began studying Latin in high school in the mid 1990s, and I continued with the language at the University of Texas. My major was ancient history, which was a hybrid course of study between history and classics. As many do after graduating, I let my Latin skills go dormant, but a master's in medieval history at the University of Houston allowed me to get back in the saddle. I began the Latin resuscitation by meticulously going through Wheelock. After finishing that, a friend introduced me to the Orberg series. I am currently working through Lingua Latina, so most of my posts will have to do with that text.

LatinGuy
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Greetings to All

Post by LatinGuy »

Welcome to the forum!

A.A.I
Textkit Neophyte

Post by A.A.I »

Salve, wilhelmjohnson!

I'm far newer to Latin than you are (Mid 2013) but recognized that the Lingua Latina series and texts surrounding it were excellent when I saw the first book some years ago. I always make sure I purchase such materials as soon as possible and I'm just starting with them.

I wish you luck with reviving the Latin you have and on developing that further!
Last edited by A.A.I on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

SgtMurphy
Textkit Neophyte

Post by SgtMurphy »

Ave adventor!
Novus sum coque; juvenis discipulus Linguae Latinae sum. Huc venio Linguam hominibus absolutis posse discere. Cupio conroborare mea ars scripturae. Mea cognitio brevis adhoc est.

//
Welcome, newcomer!
I am new too; I am a young student of Latin. I have come here to be able to learn the language from those who are fluent. I wish to build my skill in composition. My knowledge is still, as of yet, shallow.