Salvete, omnes!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
SgtMurphy
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete, omnes!

Post by SgtMurphy »

Salvete!
My name is Jason, though some prefer to call me Iona. (with an i, NOT AN L!)
I am a high-school student, and one of the subjects I unambitiously selected my freshman year was Latin. I didn't really expect it to explode into a love for language like it has. I like to think i'm semi-competent, at least enough to be able to identify and vaguely understand complex passages. I follow my class when it comes to grammar, history, etc., but I go on my own when it comes to vocabulary and literature.

About myself? I have a passion for gaming, writing, and all things military. I am a budding DJ for a youth radio program, and... I guess that's all I can think to put now. Oh! I'm CPR-certified, in case anybody was wondering!

mwh
Textkit Zealot

Re: Salvete, omnes!

Post by mwh »

Welcome Jason! You'll find both help and enthusiasm here. You have a great advantage in meeting Latin so early!

SgtMurphy
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Salvete, omnes!

Post by SgtMurphy »

Sorry if my original post seemed a little rushed; I think that due to a technical setting the website doesn't like if you linger on typing a post for too long and kept rejecting it. After the third time of getting rejected I just wanted to get the thing online, you know?