Textkit Logo

Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Are you learning New Testament Greek with Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback. Use this forum too to discuss all things Koine, LXX & New Testament Greek including grammar, syntax, textbook talk and more.

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby jaihare » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Isaac Newton wrote:Jason, the truth is that no Unitarian at Carm. is abusive.. Rather you're abusive to virtually all of the non-Trinitarian Unitarian/JW Christians there , but in your self-righteousness you do not see this.


I truly hope this is not the case, but at the same time I sincerely doubt that it is.
Jason Hare
jaihare@gmail.com

τοὺς θεοὺς εὔχομαί σοι διδόναι ὑγίειαν καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ ἀγαθὰ πολλά.
User avatar
jaihare
Textkit Enthusiast
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Israel

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby Isaac Newton » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 am

jaihare wrote:
Isaac Newton wrote:Jason, the truth is that no Unitarian at Carm. is abusive.. Rather you're abusive to virtually all of the non-Trinitarian Unitarian/JW Christians there , but in your self-righteousness you do not see this.


I truly hope this is not the case, but at the same time I sincerely doubt that it is.


Perhaps if you heard yourself talking, it might help.. Here are a few examples, all of them are very recent:

Jason to Nothead -- "You are neither a scholar nor a translator (with whom you attempted to include yourself above with “we in translation have to choose the LEAST WORST OPTION,” implying that you are a Bible translator). That’s the issue. You think you’ve got things figured out, but you don’t have a basis on which to make claims."

Jason to Akriboo -- "What you've stated in this post is no less foolish than JM's opinion that he knows it all because of his own faith. You, like JM, do not like when my opinions contradict your own, especially when I know what I'm taking about."

Jason to Biblehistorian -- "We've all told you again and again that this position you've espoused is wrong. You don't know Greek and have no idea how the language works generally and are making pronouncements based on things you've never read. I will say this again: this is absolutely wrong. It has ZERO probability of being correct, even if you say that it's "idiomatic." It's simply wrong, and it will never be accepted by anyone in the world who has experience in reading the Greek language.

Good luck to you, but this ridiculous theory must now only be ignored. You've received enough attention from the rest of us, and you refuse to even consider that you're wrong. You will believe in your justification forever, but the rest of the world will ignore this opinion - since you don't know what you're saying or why it's wrong. No one would could ever show you incorrect, because you are right in your own eyes."

Jason to JacktheBear -- "Ugh! You keep responding this way in every stinking thread! Why can't you assume anything decent about those you interact with? And if you think that I'm so dishonest or just plain stupid, then stop talking to me. Good grief!"

---

BTW, I'm glad that you removed the Leviticus quote and replaced it with the following--
τοὺς θεοὺς εὔχομαί σοι διδόναι ὑγίειαν καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ ἀγαθὰ πολλά. It reads, "I pray the gods grant you health and salvation and many good things."
Isaac Newton
Textkit Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 am

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby jaihare » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 am

Isaac Newton wrote:
jaihare wrote:
Isaac Newton wrote:Jason, the truth is that no Unitarian at Carm. is abusive.. Rather you're abusive to virtually all of the non-Trinitarian Unitarian/JW Christians there , but in your self-righteousness you do not see this.


I truly hope this is not the case, but at the same time I sincerely doubt that it is.


Perhaps if you heard yourself talking, it might help.. Here are a few examples, all of them are very recent:

Jason to Nothead -- "You are neither a scholar nor a translator (with whom you attempted to include yourself above with “we in translation have to choose the LEAST WORST OPTION,” implying that you are a Bible translator). That’s the issue. You think you’ve got things figured out, but you don’t have a basis on which to make claims."

Jason to Akriboo -- "What you've stated in this post is no less foolish than JM's opinion that he knows it all because of his own faith. You, like JM, do not like when my opinions contradict your own, especially when I know what I'm taking about."

Jason to Biblehistorian -- "We've all told you again and again that this position you've espoused is wrong. You don't know Greek and have no idea how the language works generally and are making pronouncements based on things you've never read. I will say this again: this is absolutely wrong. It has ZERO probability of being correct, even if you say that it's "idiomatic." It's simply wrong, and it will never be accepted by anyone in the world who has experience in reading the Greek language.

Good luck to you, but this ridiculous theory must now only be ignored. You've received enough attention from the rest of us, and you refuse to even consider that you're wrong. You will believe in your justification forever, but the rest of the world will ignore this opinion - since you don't know what you're saying or why it's wrong. No one would could ever show you incorrect, because you are right in your own eyes."

Jason to JacktheBear -- "Ugh! You keep responding this way in every stinking thread! Why can't you assume anything decent about those you interact with? And if you think that I'm so dishonest or just plain stupid, then stop talking to me. Good grief!"

---

BTW, I'm glad that you removed the Leviticus quote and replaced it with the following--
τοὺς θεοὺς εὔχομαί σοι διδόναι ὑγίειαν καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ ἀγαθὰ πολλά. It reads, "I pray the gods grant you health and salvation and many good things."


Akriboo is a Trinitarian. You've only demonstrated that I treat all the same. When people make a claim that is ludicrous, because of the nature of that specific forum, I state the fact that it's ludicrous. Didn't matter if they're Trinitarian or not.
Jason Hare
jaihare@gmail.com

τοὺς θεοὺς εὔχομαί σοι διδόναι ὑγίειαν καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ ἀγαθὰ πολλά.
User avatar
jaihare
Textkit Enthusiast
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Israel

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby demetri » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:02 pm

You guys need to "get a room". :lol:
demetri
Textkit Neophyte
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:33 am

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby uberdwayne » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:33 pm

demetri wrote:You guys need to "get a room". :lol:


I'd agree, perhaps the personal nature of this discussion is better suited for the private message feature of these forums. Not everyone is interested in the dirty laundry of a multi forum flame war. And, it has certainly moved off-topic.
μείζων ἐστὶν ὁ ἐν ὑμῖν ἢ ὁ ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ
uberdwayne
Textkit Fan
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:29 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby jaihare » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm

demetri wrote:You guys need to "get a room". :lol:


That wouldn't fulfill his desire to abuse people. Privacy isn't worthy of respect.
Jason Hare
jaihare@gmail.com

τοὺς θεοὺς εὔχομαί σοι διδόναι ὑγίειαν καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ ἀγαθὰ πολλά.
User avatar
jaihare
Textkit Enthusiast
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Israel

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby Paul Derouda » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm

I agree your "discussion" hasn't been very interesting lately. Also, which one of you is "right" is really beside the point.
Paul Derouda
Textkit Zealot
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Epexegetical Genitive in Philippians 2:6-7

Postby jaihare » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Paul Derouda wrote:I agree your "discussion" hasn't been very interesting lately. Also, which one of you is "right" is really beside the point.


I don't disagree, but I'm afraid that any thread at all in which he and I have interaction will deteriorate. He likes to air dirty laundry in every thread. I can't have real discussions because of this type of thing.
Jason Hare
jaihare@gmail.com

τοὺς θεοὺς εὔχομαί σοι διδόναι ὑγίειαν καὶ σωτηρίαν καὶ ἀγαθὰ πολλά.
User avatar
jaihare
Textkit Enthusiast
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am
Location: Israel

Previous

Return to Koine Greek And Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

cron