spqr latin android, has anybody tried it?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
hlawson38
Textkit Zealot

spqr latin android, has anybody tried it?

Post by hlawson38 »

Has anybody tried the Android version of SPQR Latin? It's available for both Ipad and Android tablets, but I don't own either. My only reason to purchase a tablet would be to use this app, and Android tablets cost less.
Hugh Lawson

Gregarius
Textkit Neophyte

Re: spqr latin android, has anybody tried it?

Post by Gregarius »

I have not used this, but I do love the "verba" app, which is free on android. You can use it to look up inflected forms of words and it gives you the full dictionary entry.

SgtMurphy
Textkit Neophyte

Post by SgtMurphy »

I actually have two different apps by that name. If you mean the one with all the reference material, it's alright. I think it would be nice if it were more expansive, e.g., featured noun paradigms past the third declension.
If you mean the quiz one, it's good too. It performs its function well. You can quiz yourself on vocab, noun grammar, adjectives/pronouns, and verbs separately.

Lord_WayneY
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Lord_WayneY »

After seeing this thread, I bought one. It contains some books, a dictionary, and some tools a quiz, flashcard and so on. I have not used it many times. It is a little beyond my current level of Latin.
Civis Sinensis.
I am here not only to learn Latin, but also English.

hlawson38
Textkit Zealot

Post by hlawson38 »

Thanks for the replies. The "SPQR Latin" I was thinking of is described at this link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... games.spqr

I'm getting by pretty well with a 24 inch monitor, and several windows visible at once, and a printed text propped in a handy bookholder.

Here's a link to the bookholder.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/home-gi ... r/12604126

In a pinch it can hold my Kindle which I sometimes use.
Hugh Lawson