Hello!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
RiceMonster
Textkit Neophyte

Hello!

Post by RiceMonster »

Hi everyone. My name is Eric and I just made an account here!

I'm 18 years old, freshly graduated from highschool. Now I'm in college studying to become a pharmacy technician. In the pharmacy world, latin abbreviations and acronyms frequently appear, especially on the prescription notes written by physicians. That prompted my interest in learning Latin!

When I first considered learning Latin, I thought it would be a bit daunting. I was scared by things like declensions and grammatical cases, terms like "intellectual language" made me feel I would be incapable, and I honestly didn't know how I would obtain education. But I looked around on the internet for educational resources and found Evan der Millner's YouTube channel with instructional Latin material, and from the small amount of what I've seen on his channel, it's quite comprehensive. :o I've started looking at Adler's "A Practical Grammar of the Latin Language" and I think that with perseverance, I can have a productive self-education experience in Latin! That is, if I have enough time after finishing all my stuff for college haha.

I hope that from this forum I can gain valuable advice from knowledgeable people, and maybe one day I too will be able to offer advice...maybe. We shall see. xD
Drive phone with cellular in hand, much danger.