Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
dianoigo
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by dianoigo »

Dear Textkit community members,

My name is Thomas Farrar. I am a 30 year old university lecturer in statistics. I am Canadian by nationality but currently reside in Cape Town, South Africa. I'm married with one child.

Last year I started studying a B.Th. degree by distance learning with King's Evangelical Divinity School in the UK. I have not yet done the Greek modules but they are on the horizon for the next few months. However, I do have Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek as well as Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics. I've dabbled with them but haven't worked through them properly yet.

In the short term my main purpose for joining this community is to gain from the rich experience and knowledge of fellow members regarding grammatical questions that affect exegesis, since I'm an aspiring exegete and theologian. I also have a passion for prison ministry.

Knowing Jesus' axiom that it's better to give than to receive, in the long term as I grow in knowledge I hope also to be able to return the favour by offering similar help to others. It's a pleasure to be part of this community.

Blessings,
Thomas Farrar