Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Introduction

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Salvete omnes καὶ χαίρετε πάντες...

I'm Barry Hofstetter. I teach classics a The American Academy and Latin at the Jack M. Barrack Hebrew School (both in the greater Philadelphia area). I'm also a moderator and relatively frequent contributor to the b-Greek forum. I started doing both Latin and Greek way back in the 20th century and never stopped. I have a deep and abiding interest not only in the literature for it's own sake, but in both helping others and learning from others as they work with and through the languages. I therefore very much look forward to being a part of this community.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

Markos
Textkit Zealot

Re: Introduction

Post by Markos »

χαῖρε, φίλε Βάρρι! ἐν σοι ὄντι ἐπὶ τοῦ Τέχτκιτ, εὐδόκησα δή. σοφὸς γὰρ εἶ σὺ καὶ ἐπιστήμων περὶ τῆς Ἑλληνικῆς γλώσσης. τὸν δὲ Κύριον Ἱησοῦν φιλεῖς. ἐλπίζειν οὖν ἡμῖν γράψεις Ἑλληνιστί. ὥδε δὴ γράφομεν.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=59812&start=440

χαρήσομαι ἀναγνωσόμενος παρά σου λόγους.

εὔχομαί σε εὐτυχῆσαι!
οὐ μανθάνω γράφειν, ἀλλὰ γράφω τοῦ μαθεῖν.

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Markos wrote:χαῖρε, φίλε Βάρρι! ἐν σοι ὄντι ἐπὶ τοῦ Τέχτκιτ, εὐδόκησα δή. σοφὸς γὰρ εἶ σὺ καὶ ἐπιστήμων περὶ τῆς Ἑλληνικῆς γλώσσης. τὸν δὲ Κύριον Ἱησοῦν φιλεῖς. ἐλπίζειν οὖν ἡμῖν γράψεις Ἑλληνιστί. ὥδε δὴ γράφομεν.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=59812&start=440

χαρήσομαι ἀναγνωσόμενος παρά σου λόγους.

εὔχομαί σε εὐτυχῆσαι!
ἀκριβῶς γε τὸν κύριον Ἰησοῦν... πολὺ δὲ ευχαριστώ, ὦ φίλέ μου. εἰς τὸ γράφειν Ἑλληνιστὶ, τάχα...
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

ibnunih

Post by ibnunih »

hi, I come from Indonesia, and there are plans to Greece next year for a business trip for that I joined this forum to learn from you all

Markos
Textkit Zealot

Post by Markos »

Barry Hofstetter wrote:...εἰς τὸ γράφειν Ἑλληνιστὶ, τάχα...
ἐν δὲ τοῖς σοῖς Βρεττανικοῖς λόγοις ἢ Ἑλληνικοῖς χαρήσομαι δή, φίλε Βάρρι.
οὐ μανθάνω γράφειν, ἀλλὰ γράφω τοῦ μαθεῖν.

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

ibnunih wrote:hi, I come from Indonesia, and there are plans to Greece next year for a business trip for that I joined this forum to learn from you all
Please note that this forum focuses on ancient Greek, not modern. The two are substantially different!
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

uberdwayne
Textkit Fan

Post by uberdwayne »

Χαιρε Βερρι!

It looks like you have a lot to offer here at textkit :) I look forward to reading your future posts! As Markos has so kindly suggested, let me make the same recommendation... That you join us in the Agora to discuss topics in Greek! (or latin)
μείζων ἐστὶν ὁ ἐν ὑμῖν ἢ ὁ ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ

NateD26
Textkit Zealot

Post by NateD26 »

Welcome to forum, Barry Hofstetter! I'm glad you've joined our community. :)

Just so you'd know, posts such as ibnunih's are suspect of being generated by a spam bot.
A clear sign would be the irrelevant links in the signature line, as well as seemingly nonsensical
sentence.
Nate.

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

NateD26 wrote:Welcome to forum, Barry Hofstetter! I'm glad you've joined our community. :)

Just so you'd know, posts such as ibnunih's are suspect of being generated by a spam bot.
A clear sign would be the irrelevant links in the signature line, as well as seemingly nonsensical
sentence.
Thanks, good to be here. I suspected what you also suspect about this poster, but wanted to be helpful just to be on the safe side.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter