Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!
Here's what I know.
1. It's a word in classical, not modern Greek.
2. It means "destruction of the universe specifically by fire."
3. It's NOT cataclysm, apolocapyse, holocaust, eschatology, catastrophe, etc.
4. It's associated with STOIC philosophy (I think) or with William Blake (somehow).
Thanks in advance!!
- Textkit Neophyte
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:37 pm
I am writing in Ancient Greek not because I know Greek well, but because I hope that it will improve my fluency in reading. I got the idea for this from Adrianus over on the Latin forum here at Textkit.
- Textkit Zealot
- Posts: 1911
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:07 pm
- Location: Colorado
Return to Learning Greek
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: bedwere, C. S. Bartholomew, Qimmik, Yahoo [Bot], ÓBuadhaigh, ἑκηβόλος and 56 guests