Colloquendi formulae: Tabula decima

Enter the Agora to try to communicate with others in Latin and Ancient Greek.
Franmorar
Textkit Member

Colloquendi formulae: Tabula decima

Post by Franmorar »

TABULA DECIMA
ΠΙΝΑΞ Ο ΔΕΚΑΤΟΣ

Several uses of the verb "to do". Varii usus verbi facere. Ποικίλαι χρείαι τοῦ ῥήματος ποιεῖν.

How will you do to finish this? Quam inibis viam ut id perficias? Πῇ (ὅπῃ, τίνι τρόπῳ) τοῦτο διαπράξεις;

Will you dare to do this? —Yes, I will. Audebisne (ausisne) hoc facere? —Plane omnino, prorsus, ausim equidem. Τολμήσεις τοῦτο ποιεῖν; —Ναί, πάνυγε, ἀκριβῶς.

Who of you will dare to do this? Quotusquisque vestrum hoc audeat? Τίς ὑμῶν τοῦτο τολμᾷ;
If you do this, you will be punished. Hoc si egeris, non feres tacitum. Εἰ τοῦτο ποιήσεις, οὐκ ἀτιμώρητος ἔσῃ.

I don’t regret having doing that. Haud muto factum. Οὐ μετανοῶ ἐφ’ ᾦ ἐποίησα.

What? Have you dared to do this? Quid? Tu ausus es? Σὺ γὰρ ταῦτα πεποίηκας;

Who made you do this? Who led you to do this? Cujus hortatu hoc fecisti? Τίς σε ἐπὶ τοῦτο παρώξυνε;

He didn’t do it on purpose. He did it accidentally. Non fecit hoc de industria. Per imprudentiam hoc fecit. Imprudentia (abl.) ab eo peccatum est. Οὐκ ἐκ προνοίας (οὐ προκρίτως) ἐποίησε τοῦτο. Ἀβουλεύτως τοῦτο ἔπραξε. Δι’ ἄγνοιαν ἡμάρτηκε.

But what have we done wrong? At vero nos quid commisimus? Ἀλλὰ τί ἡμεῖς παρανενομήκαμεν;
(< παρανομέω).

Otherwise, I will know what I have to do. Sciam de reliquo quid agendum sit. Ἄλλως τε εἴσομαι τί πρακτέον.

What must we do? Quid facto opus est? Τί δεῖ ποιεῖν;

What must I do? Quid me par est facere? Τί με εἰκός ἐστι ποιεῖν;

Tell me what I must do. Praescribe mihi quid facto sit opus. Πρόστασσέ μοι τί χρῇ δρᾶν.

I know very well what I have to do. Recte ego meam rem sapio. Καλῶς οἶδα τὰ δέοντα.

Have you done it? —Yes, I have. Idne fecisti? —Admodum. Ἦ τοῦτο ἐποίησας; — Ἀμέλει.

Will you do that? —Of course, certainly, oh yes. Faciesne id? —Maxime. Ἆρα πράξεις τοῦτο; —Πάνυγε.

You are doing well, right. Facis commode. Καλῶς ποιεῖς.

I did it in behalf of you, out of your consideration. Merito tuo feci. Σοῦ χάριν ἔπραξα.

I will do it with the greatest pleasure. Faciam illud animo libenti prolixoque. Faciam illud ex animo lubens. Ποιήσω ἐκεῖνο ἀσμένως καὶ προθυμῶς. Ἐκ ψυχῆς τοῦτο ποιήσω.

Do as you like. Judicio tuo rem permitte. Ποίησον ὅπως βούλει.

Look what you are doing. Vide quid agas. Σκόπει τί πράξεις.

Think carefully what you will do. Vide etiam atque etiam quid sis facturus. Σκόπει μᾶλλον καὶ ἔτι μᾶλλον τί ποιήσων εἶ (τί πράξεις).

What are you doing? You do nothig but play around. Quid tibi agis? Nihil aliud quam ludis. Τί πράττεις (ποιεῖς); Οὐδὲν ἄλλο πράττεις, πλὴν παίζειν.
Hominibus totam versandam constat esse bibliothecam, ut solam utilem scribere sententiam possint.