Noerh and Hillard Prose Composition

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
panddcarter
Textkit Neophyte

Noerh and Hillard Prose Composition

Post by panddcarter »

My name is Dilys and I have been dabbling at Latin for about 15 years now, since my retirement - how time flies! Recently I picked up North and Hillard's Prose Composition to do some revision, and started on the Preliminary Exercises, to which there are no answers.

Some years back, someone posted his answers in a Textkit forum, and someone else "corrected" them. There were a number of issues - such as the use of pronouns, and the Dative of Possessor - on which I would have commented had I seen the postings at the time.

Is anyone else interested in discussing the answers to these challenging exercises?

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Noerh and Hillard Prose Composition

Post by Bedell »

Is this the thread you mean? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20472

It looks to be above my head, but I'd be willing to try to follow the discussion. I have noticed that the last section, H, is really section K in the book.
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010