Place to discuss in Ancient Greek?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Ilion
Textkit Neophyte

Place to discuss in Ancient Greek?

Post by Ilion »

Hi there!

First, I apologize if what I am going to ask here is already discussed somewhere else on the forum. I did a quick search but couldn't find any such discussion.

I wonder if there is any place where we can actually engage in written communication/discussion in Ancient Greek? I can point out to several forums and FB groups where people do just that with Latin, but was not able to find such discussions with Ancient Greek.

I think that one of the best ways to learn some language fluently (be it modern or old) is to actually speak it, to force your brain to think in the way the native speaker of that language would think.

So, is there any such place around or we should create it?

Thanks!

ragnar_deerslayer
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Place to discuss in Ancient Greek?

Post by ragnar_deerslayer »

Sounds like what you want is the "Composition, Discussion, Debate" set of forums. They're at the bottom of the Board Index page.

Also, Schole.

Ragnar
Read my blog! --> Study Greek

Ilion
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Place to discuss in Ancient Greek?

Post by Ilion »

ragnar_deerslayer wrote:Sounds like what you want is the "Composition, Discussion, Debate" set of forums. They're at the bottom of the Board Index page.

Also, Schole.

Ragnar
Yes, that is what I was looking for!
Thanks Ragnar!