An Idea for composition posts

Enter the Agora to try to communicate with others in Latin and Ancient Greek.
uberdwayne
Textkit Fan

An Idea for composition posts

Post by uberdwayne »

When a post is created for a specific topic, for example, The weather post, by markos, I think it would be beneficial to make the initial post have some key words with definitions. This would aid in Vacabulary aquistion and assist in creating smooth posts. There would still be the responsibility of each person knowing general vocabulary, but specialized contextual vocabulary would be more easily internalized!

what do you think?

Sorry if this post should've been made elsewhere, if so maybe one of the mods could move it?
μείζων ἐστὶν ὁ ἐν ὑμῖν ἢ ὁ ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ

Markos
Textkit Zealot

Re: An Idea for composition posts

Post by Markos »

uberdwayne wrote:When a post is created for a specific topic, for example, The weather post, by markos, I think it would be beneficial to make the initial post have some key words with definitions. This would aid in Vacabulary aquistion and assist in creating smooth posts. There would still be the responsibility of each person knowing general vocabulary, but specialized contextual vocabulary would be more easily internalized!

what do you think?
Sure, I would support anything that would promote more writing of Ancient Greek on-line. When I get a chance, I'll put together some terms that we have been using on the weather thread, ἥλιος, λάμπω, βρέχω, εὐδία, τὸ τῆς θερμασίας βάθος, κατὰ κλίμακα τοῦ Κελσίου, κ.τ.λ. with definitions. If anyone else wants to help out please do so.

daivid
Administrator

Post by daivid »

The first post would not be ideal. We have only gradually added to the various words and phrases. A separate thread would be more appropriate which could be sticky for so long as the weather (or any other) thread keeps going - which it looks as if it will for some time.

Thanks for suggesting that we gather together all the language we have been using - we should have thought of it before.
λονδον

uberdwayne
Textkit Fan

Post by uberdwayne »

Thats a great idea, to streamline it a little further, the first post in a composition thread could be a link to the "vocabulary thread" that way it doesn't have to be a sticky and it won't "clog up" the main catagory with a bunch of stickies!
μείζων ἐστὶν ὁ ἐν ὑμῖν ἢ ὁ ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ

daivid
Administrator

Post by daivid »

uberdwayne wrote:Thats a great idea, to streamline it a little further, the first post in a composition thread could be a link to the "vocabulary thread" that way it doesn't have to be a sticky and it won't "clog up" the main catagory with a bunch of stickies!
Well as I posted the initial post in the weather thread its clearly down to me to start it.
It may be that new people don't think to look at the first post but we can always make the weather language
sticky if that proves to be the case.
λονδον