Latin podcasts

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
froggg
Textkit Neophyte

Latin podcasts

Post by froggg »

What do you guys think are the best free podcasts in latin, for someone who wants to complement his read/written study with an audio immersion? Preferably I need something that, although graded, is not tied to a specific course - since I'm already following one on paper and don't want to create confusion.

PS. I already know, from the searches I've done up to now, that the LATINUM podcast is universally acclaimed as the best option there is, but now it's not free of charge anymore, and although it seems reasonably priced for something as good as they say it is, my particular financial situation at this time suggests that I settle for a free product, at least for the time being.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Latin podcasts

Post by bedwere »

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Post by adrianus »

froggg wrote:universally acclaimed as the best option there is
When I was an beginner I was looking for models. I found those recordings unattractive and without fluency. The author was a novice, reading with limited understanding. Other novices have, however, said that they found them very useful. I did find the Nuntii Latini ones brilliant and still do.
Ego tyro exemplares quaesebam. Non placebant eae receptiones sine volubilitate. Tyro erat ille auctor, sic postilla repperi, non homo qui facundè recitat. Benè autem amant alii tyrones eas receptiones, at non ego. Adoravi et adoro situm Nuntiorum Latinorum, verum est.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »