Randy Gibbons: Self-Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
RandyGibbons
Textkit Enthusiast

Randy Gibbons: Self-Introduction

Post by RandyGibbons »

This is my initial post to Textkit. My name is Randy Gibbons. I was a classics PhD candidate many years ago but never completed my dissertation and didn't stay in the field (I eventually became, and am, an IT professional). A few years ago, in anticipation of retirement, I began resurrecting my Latin and Greek. I have also been taking some grad seminars (not for credit) in the classics dept. of a nearby college (currently, for example, in Lucretius). Over these last few years, I have occasionally come across Textkit when searching stuff. A few days ago, someone sent me a link to a Textkit discussion thread I found very valuable, and I decided it's time I join up. I am a member of similar forums.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re: Randy Gibbons: Self-Introduction

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Randy,

I'm glad you created a forum account and have joined us. I work in technology as an entrepreneur focusing on various internet marketing services, i'm curious what you do in the IT field.

kindly,
Jeff
Textkit Founder