Textkit Logo

Randy Gibbons: Self-Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Randy Gibbons: Self-Introduction

Postby RandyGibbons » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:25 pm

This is my initial post to Textkit. My name is Randy Gibbons. I was a classics PhD candidate many years ago but never completed my dissertation and didn't stay in the field (I eventually became, and am, an IT professional). A few years ago, in anticipation of retirement, I began resurrecting my Latin and Greek. I have also been taking some grad seminars (not for credit) in the classics dept. of a nearby college (currently, for example, in Lucretius). Over these last few years, I have occasionally come across Textkit when searching stuff. A few days ago, someone sent me a link to a Textkit discussion thread I found very valuable, and I decided it's time I join up. I am a member of similar forums.
RandyGibbons
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Randy Gibbons: Self-Introduction

Postby Jeff Tirey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Randy,

I'm glad you created a forum account and have joined us. I work in technology as an entrepreneur focusing on various internet marketing services, i'm curious what you do in the IT field.

kindly,
Jeff
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Open Board