Athenaze Book II Translations

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
ossiartist
Textkit Neophyte

Athenaze Book II Translations

Post by ossiartist »

does anyone know where I could find translations for Athenaze book II?
I'm studying and want something to compare my translations to. I need chapters 21a to 27b.
any help would be great. thanks. :)

edonnelly
Administrator

Re: Athenaze Book II Translations

Post by edonnelly »

ossiartist wrote:does anyone know where I could find translations for Athenaze book II?
I'm studying and want something to compare my translations to. I need chapters 21a to 27b.
any help would be great. thanks. :)
http://www.amazon.com/Teachers-Handbook ... 0195069307

It has one of those "Look Inside" Amazon previews, so you can see if it's what you want.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

ossiartist
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ossiartist »

that's actually exactly what I want, I was just hoping someone would have it in a .pdf that they'd be willing to share. thought I'd ask before I went and bought the book ;)

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=athenaze&filetype=0

Edit: Where's the blankety blank delete post button? Sorry, I didn't see you wanted the teacher's handbook. Disregard this post.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

Lina
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Lina »

I'm not sure why they guard the Teacher's Edition for Athenaze 2 so closely, but I couldn't get Oxford Press to sell me one, even though I work at a school. They wanted me to prove the course name/number that I would be teaching with it, and, when I admitted it was for self-study, they turned me down. I refuse to shell out $100.00 for a used copy through Amazon.

Too bad, since Athenaze II is quite a bit more challenging than the first book.

quendidil
Textkit Member

Post by quendidil »

Lina wrote:I'm not sure why they guard the Teacher's Edition for Athenaze 2 so closely, but I couldn't get Oxford Press to sell me one, even though I work at a school. They wanted me to prove the course name/number that I would be teaching with it, and, when I admitted it was for self-study, they turned me down. I refuse to shell out $100.00 for a used copy through Amazon.

Too bad, since Athenaze II is quite a bit more challenging than the first book.
Possibly, they don't want school students to buy the book and copy the answers from it, which is a pretty stupid idea if it were true; any student willing to go that far already has some level of interest in the subject.

antonyclassicallatin
Textkit Neophyte

Post by antonyclassicallatin »

Amazon has it for sale. About $80.00
Washington DC Area.
Knowledgable in Ancient Greek and Latin.