Textkit Logo

A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Postby Guiguzi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Greetings, everyone!

Taking into consideration my interest in ancient languages in general, and the requirement of one of the degree programs I am considering working towards later on, I need to find out as much as I can about archaic Latin in general. My Latin professor has suggested several authors (Plautus, Ennius, Varro), and has also directed me to Bennett's grammar for some of the necessary grammatical structures, but...are there any better, more specific books out there? Truthfully, I'm not yet at a level where I'm really able to tackle archaic Latin (Caput XX in Wheelock), but I'm starting to work ahead, now that I'm feeling more confident. I just want to go ahead and track down the books that I will need later on (especially considering that I always manage to want or need the most expensive books possible for every interest I ever develop).

Thanks in advance!
Guiguzi
Textkit Neophyte

Re: A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Postby adrianus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.
adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Postby Guiguzi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:21 am

Thanks, I'm sure I will find something in there.
Guiguzi
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Latin