Poll: Maintaining one's Greek ability

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.

How much time do you have to spend doing Greek per day simply to maintain your current ability?

15 minutes
10%
30 minutes
40%
60 minutes
30%
90 minutes
10%
120 minutes
10%
180 minutes
No votes
240 minutes
No votes

Total votes: 10

pster
Textkit Zealot

Poll: Maintaining one's Greek ability

Post by pster »

One would assume that the more advanced folks will need more time. But still, it should be interesting.

daivid
Administrator

Re: Poll: Maintaining one's Greek ability

Post by daivid »

pster wrote:One would assume that the more advanced folks will need more time. But still, it should be interesting.
At the moment I spend a lot of time just going over stuff I have already learnt but that is a probably
a sign that it needs several times to really sink in. Serbo-Croat by contrast which I began ten years ago and I am quite fluent in doesn't really fade even when I leave it aside for several weeks. Hence I think beginners not advanced folks need to spend the most time maintaining their current level.

Language teachers talk about the plateau which is the discouraging time for post beginners who feel they are running to stay still. The plateau they consider to be an illusion - in reality you are going through an important stage in learning.
λονδον