A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Guiguzi
Textkit Neophyte

A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Post by Guiguzi »

Greetings, everyone!

Taking into consideration my interest in ancient languages in general, and the requirement of one of the degree programs I am considering working towards later on, I need to find out as much as I can about archaic Latin in general. My Latin professor has suggested several authors (Plautus, Ennius, Varro), and has also directed me to Bennett's grammar for some of the necessary grammatical structures, but...are there any better, more specific books out there? Truthfully, I'm not yet at a level where I'm really able to tackle archaic Latin (Caput XX in Wheelock), but I'm starting to work ahead, now that I'm feeling more confident. I just want to go ahead and track down the books that I will need later on (especially considering that I always manage to want or need the most expensive books possible for every interest I ever develop).

Thanks in advance!

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Post by adrianus »

I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Guiguzi
Textkit Neophyte

Re: A grammar for archaic Latin...?

Post by Guiguzi »

Thanks, I'm sure I will find something in there.