Hansen & Quinn - Appendix

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Hansen & Quinn - Appendix

Post by Bedell »

I was looking at Hansen & Quinn's 'Greek: An Intensive Course' on Amazon. It seems to come in two volumes, the eight hundred odd page one and an appendix. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of useful information about what is contained in this appendix. Has anyone seen it? Can you tell me what's in it, please?
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010

spiphany
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Hansen & Quinn - Appendix

Post by spiphany »

I have the more recent 1 vol edition, but don't have access to it right now -- if I recall correctly, the appendices are mostly grammar charts and verb tables and such. I believe they include some forms that aren't covered in the main text (such as the dual).
You might try checking the archives of classics journals & see if you can find a review of the textbook there, an academic review will usually cover info on content. Or see if there's a preview on google books (I can't seem to access anything, but this varies by country, so...) Or write to the bookseller for a table of contents of the appendix, often they're happy to help with something like that.
IPHIGENIE: Kann uns zum Vaterland die Fremde werden?
ARKAS: Und dir ist fremd das Vaterland geworden.
IPHIGENIE: Das ist's, warum mein blutend Herz nicht heilt.
(Goethe, Iphigenie auf Tauris)

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Bedell »

Thanks, Spiphany, but it's always worth asking here first. :)
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010

Osterdeich
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Osterdeich »

Yes, the appendix has grammar similar to what is in the back of the later v2 single volume. I haven't ever had one, but I know people who have worked with it. They say the content of the appendix is similar to what is in the back of v2.

Here is a link to a seller who has it (for way too much money):

http://preview.tinyurl.com/azwd6ko