Aeneid recorded in Latin

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
tico
Textkit Member

Aeneid recorded in Latin

Post by tico »

Hi,

Does anybody know if there's a recording of the whole Aeneid in Latin or at least of the first book?

Thanks for helping,
Tico

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Aeneid recorded in Latin

Post by bedwere »

tico
Textkit Member

Post by tico »

Hi bedwere,

Thanks a lot for the tip. What do you think about the metrical rendition of this recording? Do you think it's pretty accurate?
Another question: is there a way to get the pdfs or e-books of your lulu's store?

Bye for now,
Tico

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Hi,

I've only listened a little: it seems OK to me, but I prefer to leave the judgment to somebody more competent. As for the pdfs, they are either available through Google Books (just do a search for the title) or from Vivarium Novum.

Cheers!

Alatius
Textkit Fan

Post by Alatius »

Wow, impressive bass voice! I have listened to the first book, and while there are some minor mistakes, the metrical rendition as a whole is sound. In fact it is very well done, considering that you can clearly hear from the enjambment and the way he connects phrases that he understand well what he is saying.