Textkit Logo

Palm Pilot Latin Grammar Books

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

Palm Pilot Latin Grammar Books

Postby MOVERLY » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:11 pm

I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, but I wanted a way to have at least one good grammar book available for reference on my Palm Pilot. I also wanted the ability to edit the text to add my own references. This meant that just downloading the pdf version would not be helpful. I ended up running the Allen and Greenough book through a very sophisticated OCR application and turning it into an editable Word document. Then I broke the file into four parts and installed it on my Palm Pilot. Works great. If anyone is interested, I would be pleased to make this available to others.
MOVERLY
Textkit Neophyte

Postby mariek » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:26 pm

Welcome to Textkit!

Wow, a whole grammar reference on a Palm! That's neat. But I can't imagine myself pulling out my Palm to lookup Latin stuff. If I'm working on Latin, I'd rather pull out a book and flip through that instead of straining my eyes on my PDA.
mariek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MOVERLY » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:57 am

I travel quite a bit. That's why I wanted the ability to carry a grammar with me. It gives me the ability to quickly look up a point of grammar anywhere. I also have an extensive set of vocabularly flashcards for use on the Palm Pilot.
MOVERLY
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Visigoth » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:50 am

I would like a copy of that . . . . I use Super Memo to quiz myself on vocabulary.
phpbb
Visigoth
Textkit Neophyte

Postby mariek » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:48 am

MOVERLY wrote:I also have an extensive set of vocabularly flashcards for use on the Palm Pilot.

Where did you download/buy this? I'm thinking this might be a neater way to study on the go instead of carrying actualy flash cards that can get damaged/lost.
mariek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keesa » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:03 pm

mariek wrote:
MOVERLY wrote:I also have an extensive set of vocabularly flashcards for use on the Palm Pilot.

Where did you download/buy this? I'm thinking this might be a neater way to study on the go instead of carrying actualy flash cards that can get damaged/lost.

Only if you have a Palm Pilot. :lol:
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Postby mariek » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:32 pm

I'm halfway there, I already have a Palm! It's an old one though. I even have a newer one and played with it for a few weeks, but never fully made the transition from the older one to the newer one.
mariek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby bingley » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:43 am

I have two palms. I was born with them. They haven't really helped in learning Latin or Greek though, except by supporting my fingers.
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Visigoth » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:53 pm

So can you upload that Word doc ? ? ? ?
phpbb
Visigoth
Textkit Neophyte

Postby ingrid70 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:04 pm

They can uphold a book (for geeks: that's a Word doc printed on paper), but if it is uploaded depends on the state of my cpu (erm...brain) :wink: .

Ingrid
ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Program

Postby Johny Ze » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:03 am

I would love to get my hands on this program moverly if you can make it available for us. That would be sweet!!!
Johny Ze
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Latin