Verb form ?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Verb form ?

Post by PeterD »

Hi,

Would the 1st pers. aor. ind. mid./pas. of θεάομαι 'to gaze' be ἐθεασάμην? I entered the aorist form in the Perseus morph. analysis tool, but I get an error massage.

Thanks

PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by PeterD »

Sorry about that. The Perseus site at uchicago has obviously a few bugs in it, however, the sister site at Tufts is working fine -- the aorist is indeed ἐθεασάμην.

Paul
Textkit Zealot

Post by Paul »

PeterD wrote: Would the 1st pers. aor. ind. mid./pas. of θεάομαι 'to gaze' be ἐθεασάμην ?
Hi Peter,

Yes it is.

Cordially,

Paul

Miltiades
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Miltiades »

The form qea/omai is actually the "analyzed" form of qeo=mai. Maybe u needed to give Perseus the form qeo=mai in order to get e)qeas/mhn.

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Yes, tufts seems to be the only Perseus site where the parser works. It seems to work at Chicago and Berlin, but only if you can click on the word in their texts. If you're reading something else you have to go to Tufts. I usually end up having two windows open: Tufts for the parser and Chicago for the LSJ. (Tufts is still sloooooow.)