Latin Translation Needed

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
meitak
Textkit Neophyte

Latin Translation Needed

Post by meitak »

I need something translated for my local school newspaper from English to Latin. If anyone could help with a translation, or knows a place where I could go to get one, it would be appreciated. What I need translated is as follows:<br /><br />"Greetings ... With amused support for the news column and with continuing best wishes for the best magazine I receive... (I am)... Thanks!"<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />K.M. in NC<br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Latin Translation Needed

Post by mariek »

<br />Hi Meitak!<br /><br />At this point in time I am unable to help you with your transation as I am just starting out with Latin. I just wanted to say : WELCOME to the Textkit forums!! It's so nice to see new members here.<br />

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

This would take some research to figure out the equivalent terminology... I'll respond if it goes unanswered for too long.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

meitak
Textkit Neophyte

Post by meitak »

Hi again,<br /> Thanks for the quick response. I just got an answer from someone else with a translation, so one isn't necessary. But just for fun, I'll post what she sent me:<br /><br />“Salve!… Vestros recentium nuntiorum articulos cum voluptate legi et omnia bona precor huic optimo commentario quem accepi…(Sum..)…Gratias ago vobis!”