yet another nice ebay auction

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

yet another nice ebay auction

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I should start a newsletter for book auctions and prices. I'm no expert, but I have been following the prices of Greek and Latin textbooks for over 3 years now....

anyway, here's what looks to be a book in good condition: Plato's Apology. The books on Textkit, and it's great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11098

Don't get carried away with bidding, it comes up for auction all the time. The only question is what do you want to pay for a copy in good condition. Most the time they're ex-libre or they are marked throughout.

This book's described as very good - but there are pencil marks. How much is a question for the buyer. I would pay maybe $10 to $12 US and up to $20 for a book in good condition with no markings.

jeff
Textkit Founder

PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by PeterD »

And the winner is...PeterD. :D

Thanks again Jeff. I picked it up for $9.95. I Could not resist a text that's been revised by Thomas Seymour.

It's hard to find any used, classic Greek texts in Montreal; apparently, the storeowners tell me that they're sold as soon as they come in. So, if the price is right, I don't mind purchasing online.

Take care.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

PeterD wrote:It's hard to find any used, classic Greek texts in Montreal; apparently, the storeowners tell me that they're sold as soon as they come in. So, if the price is right, I don't mind purchasing online.
There is a book store in Regina that sells classical literature across Canada, and they have some great stuff (I've spent a lot of money in that store... it's great!). It's called Centennial Books and I'm not sure if they have a website but it's worth a phone call if they don't! I always stop there when I am in the area.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus