Textkit Logo

yet another nice ebay auction

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

yet another nice ebay auction

Postby Jeff Tirey » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:16 pm

I should start a newsletter for book auctions and prices. I'm no expert, but I have been following the prices of Greek and Latin textbooks for over 3 years now....

anyway, here's what looks to be a book in good condition: Plato's Apology. The books on Textkit, and it's great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11098

Don't get carried away with bidding, it comes up for auction all the time. The only question is what do you want to pay for a copy in good condition. Most the time they're ex-libre or they are marked throughout.

This book's described as very good - but there are pencil marks. How much is a question for the buyer. I would pay maybe $10 to $12 US and up to $20 for a book in good condition with no markings.

jeff
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PeterD » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:27 am

And the winner is...PeterD. :D

Thanks again Jeff. I picked it up for $9.95. I Could not resist a text that's been revised by Thomas Seymour.

It's hard to find any used, classic Greek texts in Montreal; apparently, the storeowners tell me that they're sold as soon as they come in. So, if the price is right, I don't mind purchasing online.

Take care.
PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby klewlis » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:05 am

PeterD wrote:It's hard to find any used, classic Greek texts in Montreal; apparently, the storeowners tell me that they're sold as soon as they come in. So, if the price is right, I don't mind purchasing online.

There is a book store in Regina that sells classical literature across Canada, and they have some great stuff (I've spent a lot of money in that store... it's great!). It's called Centennial Books and I'm not sure if they have a website but it's worth a phone call if they don't! I always stop there when I am in the area.
klewlis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Learning Greek