newbe

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
derosa
Textkit Neophyte

newbe

Post by derosa »

Just stumbled accross this website while looking for some greek conjugation tools, I didn't think there was anything like it around. I'm currently a student at SUNY Albany where I'm studying latin and Greek. Unfortunately greek is only offered at the 500 level as an independant study and only if you have prior experience. Needless to say I lied to get in, and the prof didn't check. Besides studying these two I have minors in russian and french and 5 years of spanish, also currently studying serbian independantly with the help of some people I met while I was over there doing archeology. Other then being a student I work in a bicycle shop part time and try to keep my volvo on the road which is my other part time job.

solitario
Textkit Neophyte

Post by solitario »

Hello and welcome to textkit, derosa!
I have studied Serbian independently and took Spanish for 5 years as well. Now I'm trying to focus on Latin.
Funny... my sister went to SUNY. Different campus though.
Vale!

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

welcome here!

my baby sister is about to marry a boy from albany...
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: newbe

Post by mariek »

Wow! I can see you have a great love for languages. Good luck in your studies. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Textkit and stop by again...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Salutations! What a busy schedule.

hmm...Suny Albany sounds like the place in "Doc Hollywood", but that was Grady....what a strange mind I have...

Anyway, much luck with learning, it does rule despite what the multitude thinks!

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Episcopus wrote:Salutations! What a busy schedule.

hmm...Suny Albany sounds like the place in "Doc Hollywood", but that was Grady....what a strange mind I have...

Anyway, much luck with learning, it does rule despite what the multitude thinks!
SUNY is a university (I'm assuming it stands for State University New York or something to that effect). Albany is a city in New York state, and it is fairly large from what I understand. (I mean "large" compared to the place in Doc Hollywood, not necessarily "large" compared to NYC ;)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Evito
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Evito »

n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss n00bity is bliss

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

All right, I'll bite. Huh?