New Student

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Leonidas
Textkit Neophyte

New Student

Post by Leonidas »

Hello,I am new in this site,I started to study Latin alone,I have got a good Latin Grammar book in portuguese (I am brazilian) I am very serious when I study alone,but the book doesnt give the answers to the translation exercise,can I put here the doubts I will have in order to get help?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Hello Leonidas,
You may post any answers that are troubling you. Please try to limit your answers to those that are most confusing or that you are unsure of.

Enjoy your studies and I hope you find Textkit to be a useful resource.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Welcome here!
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: New Student

Post by mariek »

I can imagine how disappointing it is when there is no answer key. I think it might be because the book is used in classroom study? I remember starting out with Latin for Beginners (downloadable here on Textkit! Click on the "Learn Latin" link above) which did not have an answer key. A bunch of people here have contributed towards creating an answer key for this book, and it is also downloadable from this site.

Feel free to ask questions on the Latin forum.

Welcome to Textkit!

Leonidas
Textkit Neophyte

Re: New Student

Post by Leonidas »

mariek wrote:
I can imagine how disappointing it is when there is no answer key. I think it might be because the book is used in classroom study? I remember starting out with Latin for Beginners (downloadable here on Textkit! Click on the "Learn Latin" link above) which did not have an answer key. A bunch of people here have contributed towards creating an answer key for this book, and it is also downloadable from this site.

Feel free to ask questions on the Latin forum.

Welcome to Textkit!
Thanks a lot!!! I am just a beginner,but I use to take seriously when a study alone! I have been studying english and german for a long time!

Leonidas
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Leonidas »

klewlis wrote:Welcome here!
Thanks a lot friend!

Leonidas
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Leonidas »

benissimus wrote:Hello Leonidas,
You may post any answers that are troubling you. Please try to limit your answers to those that are most confusing or that you are unsure of.

Enjoy your studies and I hope you find Textkit to be a useful resource.
I thank you fou your welcome greetings! I am just a beginer but I expect to be worthy of this site taking the studies seriously.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

There are some people here who do not take their latin and/or greek seriously. I am glad that you are here with eagerness to study latin!

Much luck to you.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Welcome to Textkit! BTW, I'm one of the ones, who doesn't take Latin very seriously... :wink: