Textkit Logo

Verb form ?

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Verb form ?

Postby PeterD » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Hi,

Would the 1st pers. aor. ind. mid./pas. of [face=SPIonic]qea/omai[/face] 'to gaze' be [face=SPIonic]e)qeasa/mhn[/face]? I entered the aorist form in the Perseus morph. analysis tool, but I get an error massage.

Thanks
PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby PeterD » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:01 pm

Sorry about that. The Perseus site at uchicago has obviously a few bugs in it, however, the sister site at Tufts is working fine -- the aorist is indeed [face=SPIonic]e)qeasa/mhn.[/face]
PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Paul » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:02 pm

PeterD wrote:Would the 1st pers. aor. ind. mid./pas. of [face=SPIonic]qea/omai [/face] 'to gaze' be [face=SPIonic]e)qeasa/mhn [/face]?

Hi Peter,

Yes it is.

Cordially,

Paul
Paul
Textkit Zealot

Postby Miltiades » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:59 pm

The form qea/omai is actually the "analyzed" form of qeo=mai. Maybe u needed to give Perseus the form qeo=mai in order to get e)qeas/mhn.
Miltiades
Textkit Neophyte

Postby bingley » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:05 am

Yes, tufts seems to be the only Perseus site where the parser works. It seems to work at Chicago and Berlin, but only if you can click on the word in their texts. If you're reading something else you have to go to Tufts. I usually end up having two windows open: Tufts for the parser and Chicago for the LSJ. (Tufts is still sloooooow.)
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Return to Learning Greek