Be the first download Keys and explore New Subscribers Area

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Be the first download Keys and explore New Subscribers Area

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I normally announce this first in the newsletter, but I have JUST rebuilt the "Subsribers Only" area from the ground up and some debugging might be in order.

Be the first to download both North and Hillard's Latin Prose Composition Key and Sidgwick's Greek Prose Composition Key. Sidgwick's Greek Prose Composition is coming shortly.

Like I said, the subscribers only area is brand new. I'm not sure where to place the link to it just yet, but for now you can access it throught the newsletter page, sitemap, or on the homepage on the right in the "subscribe" info area.

or by clicking here: http://www.textkit.com/subscribers/

It no longer uses the newsletter's cookie authentication system - which was buggy. I went instead with sessions values which should work better. Where therr might be a snag is with the download prompt. It's the same script, buy with a few minor modifications.

So go ahead and download and please give me any feedback and/or report bugs. In a day or so I'll get a newsletter out.

thanks!

jeff
Last edited by Jeff Tirey on Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Textkit Founder

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Re: Be the first download Keys and explore New Subscribers A

Post by Lex »

jeff wrote:So go ahead and download and please give me any feedback and/or report bugs. In a day or so I'll get a newsletter out.
It works, but if you try to hit the enter key instead of the button after entering your mail address, it doesn't give you a clear indication of what you did wrong.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

session variable rock my world!!

(seriously, where would i be without them??? i hate cookies...)

the page looks good. I haven't tried to download anything yet.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Lex wrote:
jeff wrote:So go ahead and download and please give me any feedback and/or report bugs. In a day or so I'll get a newsletter out.
It works, but if you try to hit the enter key instead of the button after entering your mail address, it doesn't give you a clear indication of what you did wrong.
...mmm I couldn't reproduce that. When I hit enter usig tab and then enter on the keyboard or click on the button with my mouse, I still login ok. Anyone else?
Textkit Founder

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Wow, that was really fast. I'm actually going to use this book in class so I probably shouldn't look at the answer key :oops:
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

jeff wrote:
Lex wrote:
...mmm I couldn't reproduce that. When I hit enter usig tab and then enter on the keyboard or click on the button with my mouse, I still login ok. Anyone else?
I tried it even without hitting tab, just hitting enter from the email box--it worked fine (in Mozilla, though maybe IE reacts differently to that).
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

klewlis wrote:
jeff wrote:
Lex wrote: It works, but if you try to hit the enter key instead of the button after entering your mail address, it doesn't give you a clear indication of what you did wrong.
...mmm I couldn't reproduce that. When I hit enter using tab and then enter on the keyboard or click on the button with my mouse, I still login ok. Anyone else?
I tried it even without hitting tab, just hitting enter from the email box--it worked fine (in Mozilla, though maybe IE reacts differently to that).
I didn't hit tab first; I just typed in the email address and then hit the enter key. And I did use IE, which from past experience I believe does work differently than Netscape/Mozilla.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I use IE and all enter did was clear the field.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

ok - i got that fixed. I added a bit of javascript to adance the focus to the form's submit button after hitting enter.
Textkit Founder

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

jeff wrote:ok - i got that fixed. I added a bit of javascript to adance the focus to the form's submit button after hitting enter.
Instead of this:

Code: Select all

onKeyDown="if(event.keyCode==13) event.keyCode=9;"
could you do this?:

Code: Select all

onKeyDown="if(event.keyCode==13) event.keyCode=9;event.keyCode=13;"
It would be even friendlier; more like how Mozilla handles it.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

onKeyDown="if(event.keyCode==13) event.keyCode=9;event.keyCode=13;"

I'll look at that. I see what you're saying. Get the form to not only advance to the submit button on enter but also submit. That's nice. I'll have to play with this a bit and make sure it works in all the browsers. I don't mess with the event properties too much so I don't know them all that well.
Textkit Founder